Activities in the Class
Through out the class we had many great activities that I wish to keep for my future classes. The first activity that I enjoyed was the activity were we took a new heading and acted it out as a group. It was great for figuring out different perspectives and how different people are effected by the same event. There was a short recording a of one of the group's presentation:
This activity would help bring to life the topic and allow students to better understand the situation.
The next activity that we did that I enjoyed was the use of tableau. Instead of acting out the entire "scene" or idea, we instead looked at the idea and picked one picture that we felt represented it. This was one we came up with:
Though a frozen image our movements and actions portrayed and idea that as a class we could then break down and look at why we stood the way we did and how it conveyed the information. I loved this strategy because it really hit home how body language could communicate so much. Going forwards I look forward to using this strategy in my literacy, and social studies classes for teaching and working through different materials. I had many other activities that I enjoyed and learned from it was these two that impacted me a lot in the course.
Comments
Post a Comment