Original Thoughts on Drama

When first looking at the drama class, I was unsure about its use. From my years in school I had been taught a very negative opinion on the use of drama in daily life.
Yet I was quick to learn the various benefits of drama. The first class had me quickly changing my mind as our teacher Debra, showed me how in depth and useful the drama subject is. Drama is a way for students to interact and take on the personas and roles of others. They learn about walking in others shoes, how they feel, what their perspectives may be. This is so immensely useful in today's classroom. When learning about ancient peoples or trying to understand characters in a book, Drama provides a way for them to embody those people and gain a better understanding. Drama is not always about plays and scripts like I was taught when I was a kid. It is about understanding people and situations by living them out and physically experiencing them. One example from class was the usage of drama to understand a news heading and what is going on. A group had this activity:
It was not only insightful about how we would react to this situation, but it also showed us how there can be so many views on a particular topic. Drama I have learned, is a great addition to every class and to the box of tools we equip our students with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Original Thoughts on Dance

Our group activity